Pilates Physiotherapy is a well-established method of exercise that is now also used extensively for rehabilitation after Injury.
When taught by an appropriately qualified instructor, Pilates Physiotherapy is a safe and effective form of exercise and complements the medical management of many injuries.
- Targets the deep abdominal, spinal and pelvic floor muscles, often referred to as ‘the core.’
- Emphasizes efficiency of movement and an understanding of how to move.
- Assists in retraining the way you move,
- Improves body awareness, muscle balance, movement control, strength and flexibility.
Pilates Physiotherapy is provided by Physiotherapists who have completed significant post graduate training in Pilates Exercise Programming.
Clifton Hill Pilates & Rehab provides fully equipped Pilates facilities.
Each client undertakes an initial Pilates Assessment with a Pilates Physiotherapist which may involve the use of real time ultrasound to ensure correct muscle activation.
Pilates Physiotherapists can assist with:
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Lower Back and Pelvic pain
- Hip and knee pain
- Postural problems
- Improving Sporting Performance
- Chronic pain
- Rehabilitation after motor vehicle or work related accidents.
- Recovery from Sports Injuries
Safe modified programs are available for
- The elderly
- During pregnancy => pre and post natal
- After pregnancy.
The Service is Eligible for Private Health Rebates.
No referral is necessary
Bookings are essential.